If someone you love is considering, or has had, a mastectomy due to breast cancer and cannot afford reconstruction surgery, we are here to assist you. This is a challenging situation for the cancer patient, and fortunately there are ways you can help. Refer your loved one to the AiRS Foundation, and we will connect you to our team of experts and doctors who can guide your loved one in their post-mastectomy options.
How To Refer a Breast Reconstruction Patient
If you are interested in referring a patient to the Airs Foundation, download this flyer and send it to your friend, family member, or loved one.You will find information about who we are, what we do, and most importantly, how to apply for a grant qualifying for reconstruction surgery, here.
How to apply
Here are answers to frequently asked questions about how to apply for funding for breast reconstruction.
- To be considered for a grant from the AiRS Foundation, you must meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Click here for more details.
- Individual grants may cover anything from a single medical bill co-pay to the full cost of reconstructive surgery, and all related medical expenses. The foundation’s ability to award grants depends on its status with the IRS at the time of the application as well as its level of available funds (which is why donations from individuals like you are so important!
- Other requirements for funding include:
- Two recommendation letters that support the patient’s financial need.
- A consultation with a plastic surgeon.
- Copies of the patient’s tax return from the last two years.
- Breast Reconstruction Patient must show that she has tried every other avenue to receive funding for this procedure.
We hope you will use the AiRS Foundation as a resource to refer any breast cancer survivor who cannot afford reconstruction surgery. When you make the referral, please do remember that this is a sensitive subject and that it may evoke deep emotions in the patient. After all, news of this opportunity and the potential to feel whole again can change a life.
Need to Speak With Us?
We are ready to take your questions! Don’t hesitate to call or email with any questions concerning the referral process or any other aspect of the grant application. We look forward to hearing from you!